Top ten take aways from the Biden/Palin debate
- Palin actually said that she wanted to expand the powers of the Vice President. After Cheney, that is in a word…scary.
- I choked up when Biden talked about not knowing if your kid is going to make it, only to have Sarah go into a McCain talking point. I understand trying to change the conversation but damn.
- I understand the back and forth between candidates and the media but Palin’s insistence on not answering questions reached a level or rudeness I haven’t seen in a long time. Answer the question! And I didn’t appreciate Palin’s snub of Ifill, show some respect.
- Palin did not answer any question pertaining McCain’s push for deregulation and opted to talk about taxes when it didn’t even come up.
- Joe Biden is smart. Take that back, really smart. Why is being smart so disdained in American politics?
- I don’t know what Palin would do without talking points. Chris Matthews said (and I agree) that Palin sounded like she was at a spelling bee; say the word, spell the word, say the word again.
- Biden is a fighter and Obama should go directly at McCain’s image as a maverick.
- You can actually win a debate by not looking dumb? And why were follow up questions disallowed?
- Why are you winking? I am sorry, why are you winking multiple times? I would never appreciate someone I work with who winked.
- Umm… if McSame voted with Bush 90% of the time then the past definitely matters. This means McSame can’t disown the Bush legacy. In the words of Jay-Z, “We don’t believe you, you need more people!
No you can’t call me Joe!!! I am a Senator and you will address me as Senator Biden. I will address you as Governor Palin.
Palin’s suit was sharp.