Top ten take aways from final debate
Per usual, below are my top ten take aways from last night’s final debate between Senator Obama and Senator McCain.
1. Obama nailed McCain on the Lily Ledbetter case where a woman was underpaid compared to her male counterparts. If you are an undecided woman and don’t know McCain’s stance on furthering gender inequity, get it together.
2. How many times was McCain going to interrupt Obama? Show some respect.
3. John, you referenced Joe the plumber 21 times. Personal anecdotes are good when you use them sparingly. No one person in America represents everyone.
4. How can we live in a country where quality education is an afterthought?
5. McCain, please stop rolling your eyes sista girl!
6. Did McCain really put women’s health in air quotes? That line would have worked had he actually explained how “women’s health” could be used in an extreme case to justify abortion. It came off as very dismissive and insensitive.
7. I loved Obama’s comeback on pointing out the need for funding to support kids with special needs. McCain, you can’t do this with an across the board spending freeze now can you?
8. Did you peep how McCain tried to briefly mention Ayers while looking at Bob and not Obama? It seemed like a throw away line so that his campaign could say, “See we did it.” BTW, Obama did not bring up Keating, Alaska Independence Party, seven houses, etc…..in a word classy.
9. Republicans need a much better line on the economy than cutting taxes. You can’t get a return on anything you don’t invest in right? So when all you do is cut taxes, the economy really doesn’t grow and you find yourself in situations like we are in now when people need the government’s help, but the “beast” as it were is so starved that it really can’t do anything and we continue the cycle of cynicism.
10. McCain came across as erratic. This is a time for reasoned, steady leadership and dear friend, you didn’t do that tonight.
Stay up fam,